Create Proposals and Quotes in Outlook with Prophet CRM
Prophet’s File Generate feature helps your team track and update quotes or forms. If you or your team find yourselves constantly editing Word or Excel documents to send out to clients Prophet’s File Generation feature can make creating those files as easy as clicking a button.
You can create as many different templates as you like, and any data point that can be tracked in Prophet can be pushed into the document where you specify. Each time you use this feature Prophet will automatically save the file information allowing team members or managers to access and review.
Prophet File Generation Setup
Creating the File Generation Document within Prophet
When we are ready to generate a document from within Prophet, we can process these documents from within Company, Contact or Opportunity Manager. To generate the document follow the steps below:
- Open the Prophet Record that you would like to generate a file from.
- Click on Generate File and select the template that you would like to use.
A window will appear asking you to name your file and let you choose where it is saved. Click “Create” to trigger the document.
Your document will automatically open with the information automatically filled in from the record you created it from allowing you to make any additional changes if needed. Prophet will also link this particular file to the Opportunity.
File Generation Template Setup
By default, each Prophet Users File Generation templates will be located in \Documents\Avidian Technologies\Prophet\FileGenTemplate\
Inside the FileGenTemplate folder, each user will see two default templates, one Excel Document and one Word Document. (See Below). These are just sample documents and they do not have to be used for this feature.
If you have your own Excel or Word Documents that you would like to use move them to this location \Documents\Avidian Technologies\Prophet\FileGenTemplate\
To configure the templates for Prophet. As mentioned earlier, any opportunity field in Prophet can be pushed into the document in the locations that you specify. Follow steps below to configure the templates:
- Open your Excel or Word document that you would like to use for the Prophet File Generation. You can also use the Sample templates that we provide each user
- With your document open, you will want to start looking for locations where Prophet can auto populated fields for you. Such as First Name, Last Name, Company etc..
- In the screenshot below, we can see several fields in brackets. Configure your templates by placing any Prophet Opportunity Fields within the brackets and Prophet will auto populate them when we process the document.
- You can also integrate other Excel and Word features, such as drop down boxes for Taxes, Discounts, etc.
- When you have completed configuring your template, make sure to save the template in the location that is setup for the File Generation. See steps above on where to setup Template File Location.