1. Do I need to be a US citizen or resident?
No. You must be physically located and enrolled in a school in the United States sometime between October-December 2013 or January-June 2014.
2. When is my application due?
If you apply for the 2013 Fall Scholarship (deadline 8/30/13), you must use your scholarship between October-December 2013. If you apply for the 2014 Spring Scholarship (deadline 11/15/13), you must use your scholarship between January-June 2014.
3. When will I be notified if I received the scholarship?
You will be notified within 30 days after the scholarship deadline.
4. Do I need to study any particular subject?
Yes. You must be studying a business or technology-related subject. This includes but is not limited to marketing, accounting, finance, computer programming, and IT. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to check if your course qualifies.
5. Do I need to be enrolled in a continuing education/higher education program?
You must be enrolled in a vocational school, technical and trade school, community college, college, or university. Online programs will also be considered only if the program is affiliated with a school headquartered in the United States. Student must provide proof of enrollment. In situations where financial aid prevents official enrollment, candidate must provide proof of acceptance into program.
6. Is financial need an important factor in the scholarship?
Candidates must demonstrate a compelling need for the scholarship in the application essay. Financial need is an important factor.
7. May I provide other information (for example, portfolio or DVD) to demonstrate my achievements or talents?
8. Do I need to be interviewed for this scholarship?
Yes, all finalists must participate in a 30 minute phone interview scheduled within two weeks after the deadline.
9. If I do not follow the instructions, will my application be considered?
No. Applications that do not follow the provided instructions (for example, submission deadline, text format, or word length) will not be considered.
10. May I reapply for the scholarship?
11. May I receive the scholarship more than once?
12. What if I have more questions about the Avidian Technologies Scholarship?
Please contact Julie Pham at email@example.com
Back to scholarship information page.