A Built In Add-in For Outlook
Microsoft Business Contact Manager 2007 for Outlook is the newest version of the old standby Microsoft Contact Manager. The Business Contact Manager 2007 is a built in addition to Outlook which means no having to find it someplace and add it into Outlook as with past versions.
The Difference from Contact Manager
In Office Outlook 2007, Business Contact Manager 2007 allows you to consolidate, manage, delegate and follow up on tasks with projects. There is a new information dashboard with Business Contact Manager 2007 as well. Also available now with Business Contact Manager 2007, are new reporting features which allow for filtering and export capabilities to the latest version of Excel. Working offline while on your laptop or Pocket PC is easy with Business Contact Manager 2007 and allows you to synchronize the data when you get back to the office.
As opposed to the old Contact Manager, the new Business Contact Manager 2007 with the enhanced features of Office Outlook 2007 you can now do a variety of functions. Combining customer and financial data is now easier in conjunction with Office Accounting 2008. Business Contact Manager 2007 now allows you to compile mailing lists, distribute materials, and manage direct marketing campaigns so that you can track the results.
What Business Contact Manager 2007 does with Outlook
Office Outlook 2007, along with Business Contact Manager 2007, helps you to do many different tasks to aid with sales productivity. You can organize your contact, prospect and customer information in one place. Business Contact Manager 2007 gives you the ability to manage sales leads and opportunities throughout your sales cycle within Outlook. Business Contact Manager 2007 allows you to personalize and create direct marketing campaigns in-house with the ability to track your campaign. Outlook with Business Contact Manager 2007 centralizes project information and management of tasks as well.
The Benefits Of A Tool Connected To Outlook
Since most people open up Outlook when they first get to work, and then have Outlook being the last program they close for the night, it would make since to have a tool directly connected to Business Contact Manager 2007 and Outlook. A product such as Avidian’s Prophet Contact Manager works very well in this regard as it is a direct add-in to Outlook and works alongside Business Contact Manager 2007 right in the same pane. This saves the salesperson the task of having to toggle between different applications and Business Contact Manager 2007 in the first place.
When most Customer Relationship Management products have similar features it becomes difficult to distinguish between them and the effectiveness they have with Business Contact Manager 2007 within Outlook. The main concern arises when you need separate applications and databases to make a CRM product work in conjunction with Business Contact Manager 2007 and Outlook.
Prophet Vs. Other CRM In Use With Business Contact Manager 2007
When Prophet was developed, the people at Avidian acknowledged one major flaw of most CRM’s which was that they all operate outside of Outlook. There is even an online hosted version such as Salesforce.com which states that it is better to have a hosted solution rather than use a direct solution in line with Business Contact Manager 2007 and Outlook.
When the first application people go to, as well as the last application before going home, being Business Contact Manager 2007 and Outlook, there seems to be a need not to have to worry about where or what the other applications you need are. Most salespersons would prefer not to have to bother with all these extra steps to simply keep track of their work and maintain productivity. With these extra steps outside Business Contact Manager 2007 and Outlook, few people will bother using the application effectively.
While Business Contact Manager 2007 provides a good tool for single user interface with Outlook, it is clear that other add-ins or options with CRM tools need to be available for multiple users and teams. The goal here is to increase sales and market value. With this goal in mind, many options, both online and on-site, are readily available. Business Contact Manager 2007 can provide a good start, but to effectively use Outlook you need something to use right there along side of the Business Contact Manager 2007. It is up to you how complex or how many features you wish to get.
What are the benefits to using a tool connected to Outlook (like Avidian’s Prophet) when hosted CRM solutions are available?
The real differentiator is how well these solutions fit into the normal work routine or how easily individuals can adopt them. The benefit of using Prophet is that it works the way people work, right inside Outlook. If you maintain your list of contacts in Outlook, do you want to create another contact database in a separate application? If you use the Outlook calendar, do you want to maintain another calendar elsewhere? Employees are already using Outlook to manage more than half their CRM activities, so why not leverage a user interface they are already familiar with. When implementing a new system, employee adoption rates suffer the more they deviate from current practices. With CRM, employees will have a more difficult time learning how to create new contacts, appointments or tasks in a new application. Wouldn’t it be easier to be able to use an existing application such as Outlook?
What are the benefits of using Prophet over a dedicated CRM software tool (ACT!, GoldMine, Maximizer, etc)?
Truthfully, most CRM products have very similar features. It is difficult to distinguish between CRM tools simply by comparing their lists of features. To be a serious player in the CRM space, vendors must master the basics of managing contacts and opportunities, sharing capabilities and running reports. Prophet and other CRM vendors offer these features and provide the capabilities businesses need.
Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager Helps You:
- Organize contact, prospect, and customer information in one place.
- Manage sales leads and business opportunities throughout the sales cycle.
- Create, personalize, and track direct marketing campaigns in-house.
- Centralize project information and task management.
With the new and Enhanced Features of Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager, You Can:
- Combine customer and financial information with ease when using Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager in conjunction with Microsoft Office Accounting 2008.
- Create, track, and manage direct marketing campaigns, including compiling mailing lists, distributing materials, and tracking your results.
- Consolidate and manage project information in Office Outlook 2007 and manage, delegate, and follow up on project tasks.
- Get a consolidated view of your sales pipeline with the new information dashboard.
- Use new reporting features including report drill-down, filtering, and Microsoft Office Excel 2007 export capabilities.
- Customize the information you track, including item lists and reports, for your unique business needs.
- Extend your software by integrating with other software.
- Work offline on your laptop or Pocket PC with Microsoft Windows Mobile, and synchronize your data when you return to the office.
Salesforce.com has accomplished a marketing feat, crafting the argument that CRM is about a hosted versus an on-premise solution. However, the real discussion should be about whether or not CRM is implemented successfully. True CRM success starts with adoption. Will your people use the desired CRM application or will they abandon it shortly after implementation? If they discard the application, it really doesn’t matter where the software is located. As a result, the real key to a CRM victory is providing the application in an easily digestible format without a significant learning curve. This is what Avidian provides to the market.
As a result, all major CRM vendors highlight their ability to sync with Outlook. They can’t ignore the application because it is so integral to an individual’s daily work schedule. However, because their solution involves a separate application with its own database, they require users to toggle back and forth to manage multiple contact databases, calendars and to-do lists. With Prophet, an individual can do everything inside of Outlook, meaning they only need to deal with one contact database, one calendar and one application.
When developing Prophet, our flagship CRM product, we asked ourselves, “What is the first application people open in the morning, and what is the last application they close at night?” For most people, the answer is Outlook. Currently, sales people use Outlook for 50 to 60 percent of their sales activities, such as creating contacts, appointments, tasks and e-mailing their customers and prospects. Adding more functionality, including contact management, opportunity management, information sharing and status reporting, into the existing Outlook framework not only makes it easier to manage sales but also increases the likelihood of full adoption.
The Prophet Contact Manager Makes it Easy for You to Organize and Manage your Customers and Clients Through One Central window.
1. Contacts and Companies - Easily add, edit, and update contact and company records through one view. Create new contacts and companies with the click of a button.
2. History and Activity - Review all emails, tasks, appointments, and attachments for any contact or company in one window, as well as read through a history of the related notes.
3. Prophet Search - Quickly search for any contact, company, sales opportunity or activity by simply entering in a keyword into the Prophet Search.
4. Contact Notes - Enter detailed notes into Contact Manager and Prophet will add them to the appropriate contact or company and stamp them with the date, time, and author.
5. Activity Tracking - Track, review, and report on all activities recorded as notes through Contact Manager for any contact or company.
6. Sales Automation - Assign automated emails and follow-ups to be performed at a future date to any selected contacts or companies. (available on Prophet Professional and Enterprise)
7. Familiar Appearance - Enjoy the familiar look and feel of Outlook 2003/2007.
Prophet is a full featured Contact Management inside Outlook!
Business Contact Manager is a single-user COM add-in that integrates into Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 to provide additional features for tracking contact activity and sales opportunities.
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager offers powerful customer and contact management to help you save time, improve sales and marketing, and deliver better customer service. Organize and manage all your contact, prospect, and customer information in one place. Track leads and opportunities throughout the sales cycle. Easily create, personalize, and track direct marketing campaigns in-house. And centralize your project-related information so you can stay organized and monitor tasks with automated reminders.