Prophet continues its lead in the Outlook-based CRM space by adding key CRM sales features and technology enhancements
REDMOND, Wash. – March 24 2008 – Avidian Technologies today announced the launch of Prophet 5, the newest version of its leading Outlook-based contact management and CRM solution. Prophet 5 includes improved usability and more advanced contact management features integrated with Outlook, eliminating the need to shift back and forth between multiple applications.
“Prophet 5 demonstrates our commitment to listen and respond to customer demands, making Prophet more powerful, more extensible and now even easier to use.” said Tim Nguyen, CIO and co-founder of Avidian Technologies. “The new version of Prophet allows Outlook users to take advantage of the conveniences of Outlook and Exchange and add even more sales CRM functionality and improved usability.”
Prophet 5 includes the following new capabilities:
- Dashboard – gives a snapshot view of the deals in each stage of the sales cycle along with the projected revenue. It also shows all of the sales that the user can expect to close sorted by estimated close date. In addition, the new dashboard indicates how much business a team can expect to close from the existing sales funnel.
- Quote Generator – creates a quote based on the products or services associated with the sales opportunity. The quote template is customizable, allowing the user to insert a company logo, company name and address information. The quote is also linked to the opportunity in which it was created for easy tracking.
- Quota Tracker – provides a way to track an account representative’s quota and measure it against actual sales. Sales managers can run quota reports or view quota status in the Prophet Dashboard.
- Offline/Online Syncing – allows remote Prophet users the ability to control their connection state to the Prophet Server. When selected, any updated contact, company and opportunity data will be sent to the server.
- Usability Improvements – gives customers enhanced functionality including the ability to edit opportunity notes, the opportunity to assign a primary contact to the opportunity, and offers more options when customizing field types and creating mandatory fields. Additionally Prophet provides more features for filtering contacts and company accounts and the ability to link files to contact and company accounts.
“Avidian’s understanding of the sales process is apparent in every aspect of its software,” said Prophet customer Sean C. Combs, co-founder and vice president of sales and marketing for Steelhead Productions. “Prophet has allowed our sales team to be organized by categorizing leads, qualifying them, and then bringing them through the sales process. I have been able to track the sales progress and run daily customized reports, so now I have viable data on which to base my sales and marketing decisions.”
Unlike traditional big iron CRM or sales management software, Prophet is built into Outlook, eliminating the need to manage multiple contact databases or toggle between separate applications. Built on the .NET 2.0 platform, Prophet works entirely inside Outlook and easily integrates with other critical business capabilities. As a result, Prophet turns Outlook data into the building blocks of an effective sales management solution.
The Prophet 5 product suite can be purchased by individual users with Prophet Personal, Prophet Advanced and Prophet Premium. For sales teams that need more collaboration there is Prophet Professional Server & Client and Prophet Enterprise Server and Client. Extensions of Prophet 5 include Prophet for Windows Mobile and Prophet for Palm.
Prices for Prophet Personal Edition start at $149 per user and prices for Prophet Professional Server start at $299.99 per user. Prophet Mobile for Windows Mobile and Palm users is an additional $49.95 per user.
About Avidian Technologies
Avidian Technologies is the leading software company specializing in creating sales management solutions for users of Outlook and Exchange. Prophet, developed by Avidian Technologies on the .NET platform, is the leading sales software built inside Microsoft Outlook. The company is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. For more information, please visit www.avidian.com.